- Auguste Rodin (born François-Auguste-René Rodin in 1840 and died 1917)
- French sculptor.
- The Kiss was originally called Francesca da Rimini.
- In marble in the Rodin Museum in Paris.
- Few smaller versions in bronze were commissioned around 1898
- Barbara Hepworth, 1903 – 1975. Christened Jocelyn Barbara Hepworth.
- British sculptor
- Works with a range of material, from bronze to marble to wood.
- Above “Wave” 1943-1944, inspired by the land and seascape in Cornwell.
- Naum Gabo, 1890 – 1977
- Russian Sculptor
- Part of the Constructive movement and a pioneer of Kinetic Art
- Studied medicine and natural science then engineering
- Alberto Giacometti, 1901 – 1966
- Swiss sculpture, draftsman, printmaker and painter
- Experimented with cubism and surrealism
- Most of his sculptures were made of bronze, including the above sculptures “Walking Man”
Filed under: Artists |